Saturday, January 16, 2010

Polishing My Skills


My cute little baby cousin Krystle is not really so little anymore. In fact, she's a senior in high school now and will be graduating in just a few months. I was totally flattered when Aunt Edna asked me a few months ago if I'd be interested in taking Krystle's senior pictures. And today I had a total blast during our first photo session. We went down to Roaring River and Krystle was a great model. She let me take hundreds of pictures of her in various lighting and in front of different backgrounds. Looking back through them, I can see evidence of where I messed up the exposure and where I was in a hurry and didn't get the focus set quite right. Various other issues like that. It was a great learning tool for me and hopefully will help me improve some of my trouble areas. But I did manage to get some great pictures also. The one above is one of my favorites, but there are quite a few more that I really like. It was a great photography day for me. I hope Krystle is happy with the results and maybe I can get her to model for me again when the weather warms up.

No comments:

Post a Comment