Sunday, January 3, 2010

Snowy Days


I need a telephoto lens. Badly. I had to stand out in the snow about 20 feet or so from where the birds were feeding for like 15 minutes before they came near me. I stood there with my camera up to my face, not moving, not making a sound. If I had a zoom lens I could have captured this from the comfort of the porch. While moving. But no! I had to put some actual blood, sweat and tears into getting this shot. Well, more like shivers, frostbite and muscle cramps. And this picture still had to be cropped and zoomed on the pc. Sigh. But you gotta do the best you can with what you got. This was taken at my grandma's house after Sunday dinner. She is an avid birdwatcher and feeds them all year long.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this one!!! Cardinals are beautiful birds!!! (The baseball team's pretty awesome too!!) Great picture!!

    ReplyDelete