Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Haircut


After a little over 2 years of purposely growing my hair out and refusing to cut it... I finally gave up. I had been trying to get to the point where I could put everything up in a ponytail but my hair is so thin and grows so slowly that it just wasn't meant to be. The back of my hair was quite long when it was wet, but my natural curls and ringlets always made it shrink up a good 2 inches. Combine the curls with the fact that my hair is so fine and thin and surely you can imagine how closely the back of my head resembled a rat's nest most of the time. And trying to grow out my bangs and sides long enough to reach a ponytail meant that I was stuck wearing headbands and hats in order to keep it out of my face. Basically I was growing to hate it and it wasn't growing at all. So I decided to back it up a bit to a point where the length wouldn't get all frizzy. I also wanted some bangs and some shaping on the sides so that I could quite wearing headbands and actually leave my hair down.

I took a picture of the finished project. I'm actually very happy with it. I think it's going to be the perfect length for me. Of course I wasn't able to take a picture of my hair without taking a picture of my face. Bummer.

3 comments:

  1. Where's the pic? I wanna see the new do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technical difficulty. Will fix it after bowling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete