Thursday, January 21, 2010

Moves!


Indoor action shots are something I definitely need to improve. I just don't have it right yet. Luckily, I have a love for watching high school and college sports so I have plenty of opportunity to practice. Tonight I attended the Fordland Lady Eagles game. #23 there is a good friend of mine. Her name is Meagan, but I call her Moves. Because she's got mad skillz and major moves on the court. Last year, her freshman year, she was a starter on the Varsity team. A starter. On Varsity. That's saying something. Sadly I had to miss 1 game during her first high school season, but I made it to all the others. No matter where they were. And she had a great freshman year with some impressive stats. Unfortunately tonight was the first game I've been able to attend this season. Mostly because I seem to have way less free time this year than last. But also because Moves has been out for most of the season. Tonight was only the 3rd game she's been allowed to play in. And only for a few minutes at a time. Because last summer, on June 4th at basketball camp, she tore her ACL.

The road to recovery was a long one. One that I'm quite sure Moves wished she didn't have to walk. Or limp, as the case may be. But she did. She climbed over bumps and went around potholes and she is now almost to the very end. She still isn't allowed to play a full game, but she is at least playing again. Her first game back last week she scored 9 points in the limited time she was on the floor. Tonight I watched her dive for the ball, jump over a tangle of bodies for a rebound, run down the court on defense...and I worried about her knee. But I also smiled. Because she wasn't worried about her knee. And after all the time she spent thinking of nothing BUT her knee, it was good to see her doing her moves just like she used to.

And for the record, if you're going to be technical and wonder how someone my age can say "that teenager is my good friend".... I am actually great friends with her mom & her Aunt Lisa and therefore I am very fond of their kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment