Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mercy Mocha And A Camera Lens

Today I got a Mercy Mocha, Mars Bar flavored frozen coffee. This is from the gourmet coffee shop located inside St. John's hospital. I used to work at the hospital and had these several times a week. It was so bad for me but I loved it so much. This is the first one I've had since March. And it was delicious.

In other news, my buddy Kris has a passion for photography. One of many reasons why I like him. And he really knows his stuff. His equipment is at a higher level than mine right now, but he knows what it's like to use the starter stuff. In fact, he knows it so well that he knows what kind of lens my camera needs. Which turned out to be really handy because while looking on Craigslist for a new lens for himself, he happened to find a guy who had 2 lenses for sale - one that Kris wanted for his camera and one that would work beautifully with mine. The price was amazing, but you had to buy both lenses. So Kris thought of me and messaged me to see if I'd be interested in splitting the deal with him. And I totally was.

Today I met with Kris and picked up my new lens. It's a 55 - 200. The only lens I have had up until now is an 18 - 55. So now I can zoom in SO much more. It's so cool. I love this lens already. Thanks so much Kris for catching a good ad and thinking of me.

Here's a pic with my old lens and then one with the new lens from the same spot. I'm gonna use the hell out of this lens.


2 comments:

  1. omg, that coffee looks delish! and that lens is phenomenal!! love it, love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The difference in those pics is incredible! Glad you got the new lens.

    ReplyDelete