Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Bird Bath

A fast moving, summer storm (you know, the kind where the sun is shining but it's raining cats & dogs) hit yesterday afternoon right as I was going to the library and WalMart. Not wanting to get out of the car in the rain, I took a few side streets and did some sight seeing around town while I waited for the rain to quit. It only rained for about 15 minutes, so after it stopped I headed back towards the library. On the way I spotted some birds cleaning themselves off in a puddle. It was so cute and thanks to my new lens I can actually get better shots like this. This bird was cracking me up. He kept splashing around and shaking, then he'd hop out of the puddle and smooth his feathers back down just to jump back in the puddle and start over. It's so cute to see how ruffled his feathers become.

No comments:

Post a Comment