Friday, July 9, 2010

My First Martini

This is a white chocolate martini. It's the first martini I've ever had. It was yummy. A bit stronger than I expected, but I chose to ignore that. I ordered it because Scott was drinking one and wouldn't shut up about how good it was and how much I'd like it. He was right, but don't tell him that. It's a bad picture. I apologize for that. You can barely tell that the bartender drew a star in the foam. Normally my cell phone takes better pics than this, but I blame it on the fact that I've never been in a bar darker than this one. I was in the basement of Flame. And it's pitch black down there. Seriously, the only lighting they have is red. It's awesome and scary all at the same time.

I have always heard amazing things about Flame, but had never been there before. But today was the end of the first week of work for me and a small group of friends. It's still so surreal that so much of the old group is back together at a new company. That doesn't happen very often. So a few of us decided to celebrate and go to Happy Hour. It was great and I am hoping we develop a habit of doing this at least twice a month. Drinks were half price, their chopped steak burgers were only $3.50. I fell in love with the place. You guys should all be jealous.

1 comment: