Friday, July 2, 2010

Full Day Friday

My day started off bright and early at 6:30 am. Which sucks after not working for 3 months. But my Mom was coming up to do some garage saleing (new word I just made up) with me and she had decided she wanted to leave my house at 7:00 am. So I popped out of bed early and when she rang the doorbell we took off in search of bargains. We hit a few sales then decided it was time for breakfast so we ate at Perkins. From there we hit a few more sales. Sometime during these sales I had called the unemployment office about 2 denied claims and they pretty much told me that it sucks to be me and I'm just not getting the money for those 2 weeks. Damn. More garage sales, a little bit of driving around looking at scenery, then time for Mom to head home. Good day with Mom. Also, I bought a brand new looking wok for $3 at one sale.

Later in the evening Wendy, Sabrina, Todd and I loaded up and headed downtown for the First Friday Art Walk. It was so cool. We got to take a tour of the Gillioz Theater, we got to check out a loft on the square next to Trolley's, we had dinner at Springfield Brewing Company, we walked through shops and checked out art, watched a glass blowing demonstration. Great night with great people. Only complaint I have is that Mudhouse was so packed full I didn't get a drink. But I'll live.

No comments:

Post a Comment