Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Love Fall Colors

I spotted this tree on my way home from work this morning. The colors around here are starting to get pretty. I hope I get a chance to get out and take some pretty tree shots by the time they reach peak color. But it won't be today because I have got to spend as much time online as possible this week. The 4.0 patch hit WoW yesterday and there are so many changes and things I have to do. Re-spec, reforge, regem, relearn how to play Elfindale. Sigh. I know it's gonna be worth it in the long run but it's just so much to study right now. Of course the release of the patch also signals how close we are to Cataclysm, so that's the good news behind it.

Translation:
I like pretty trees in the fall.

I play World of Warcraft, the largest online game in the world. I play it because I'm a nerd. Every once in a while they add new content to the game or change the way some things are done in game. In order to get the new stuff into the game, they push out a "patch" that everyone who plays has to download before they can log back in. These patches are released to everyone at the same time and usually come on Tuesdays because that is Blizzard's (parent company)normal maintenance day. Patch 4.0 was a huge significant patch because on December 7th the entire game will be changed with the addition of an expansion pack, called Cataclysm. The patch right now is just introducing some new stuff and some changed stuff for us to get used to before Cataclysm hits the stores. My character's name is Elfindale and because of the changes included in the patch, I have to change some things about the armor and spells I use. Then I have to get used to learning the new stuff.

I am a nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment