Saturday, October 30, 2010

The BlueBird Trail

This morning several of us got up early, went into town for breakfast and then got busy doing some cleanup and painting on the Beeson Family BlueBird Trail. Yep, my family has it's own official bluebird trail. It's something my grandpa helped establish in 1962 with the local 4H group. Miles and miles and miles of bluebird boxes spread out in all directions from my grandparents home. It's been a family project ever since. The bluebird is the official state bird for Missouri. Every spring and then again every fall all of our bird boxes get repaired, cleaned out, replaced & repainted. My uncle Lloyd and his family do most of the work because he's the official builder of the bird boxes. But we try to get the youngsters involved as much as possible. Today I went on a run with Uncle Bill, Uncle Randy, Sabrina, Alana, Max & Emily. I believe it's the first time Max & Emily have gotten to help us. They really had a blast.

For the record, we do have a Facebook page: Beeson Family BlueBird Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment