Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sugar Cookie Disaster

I decided to make decorated sugar cookies for work and I had envisioned making them in the shapes of fall leaves and pumpkins. I found a highly recommended recipe online, mixed it up and put in the fridge to chill for a few hours while I went to Walmart to get cookie cutters and a few other items. Would you believe I walked around the store for 30 minutes before I finally found the only cookie cutters Walmart had on the end cap of the greeting card section. I mean who the hell would have thought to look there? And to make matters worse, all they had was Christmas designs. So I went to Dollar General... and even though the lights were on and the sign on the door said they were open on Sunday from 8:00am - 6:00pm, the doors were locked. I knocked. Nothing. So I went to Price Cutter and they don't have cookie cutters of any kind. So I gave up and decided just to make sugar cookies like I do chocolate chip cookies, by dropping them in balls on the cookie sheet. But that didn't really work either. I think because the recipe I had was for rolling out cookies. All I know is, the cookies were a disaster and after I baked several pans I gave up. The dough tasted great, so I ate a bit of it, then I threw everything out. How disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment