Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pure Evil

Callie
If you were to go back through this blog and read every post I've ever written involving a cat, you'd realize that I think all cats are evil. And I say that because they look so darn cute and fluffy and inviting, yet you can't pick them up or pet them or call them to you unless it's on their terms and they have decided they want to be picked up or petted. I hate that. Especially since my silly kitty Takara rarely decides she wants to allow me to pet her. But in the case of mom's cat... I really mean evil. Mom and Dad are the only people allowed to be within 10 feet of her. And actually these days, dad won't let her be withing 10 feet of him because of the fact that earlier this year she bit him and sank her teeth all the way in on the soft spot of his hand between thumb and index finger. He developed cat scratch fever (yes, it's a very real condition) and his hand swelled up bigger than anything I've ever seen. It was even his left hand and he's left-handed.

So aside from the emergency room visit, 3 months worth of doctor's visits, and too many prescriptions to count, he couldn't even zip his own pants. Needless to say, he's not a fan of the cat any longer. It cost them several thousand dollars and even though his hand is fully functional again, it's still misshapen around the knuckles. But he's a nice enough guy that even though he no longer cares to ever pet her again (out of anger, not fright) he never suggested they get rid of her. Mom suggested it, but he said no. To be honest, I was hoping they'd give her away because she scares the holy crap out of me. Seriously, every time I get within like 6 feet of her she immediately starts hissing and batting at me. She is de-clawed so there's no worry there. It's just that I wouldn't put it past her to jump on my head and eat my face off. I think she's like this because she has half of a Hitler mustache.

But she's very pretty.

1 comment: