Saturday, November 13, 2010

Scenic View

Scenic ViewToday was opening day of Deer Hunting Season for firearms, so I headed down to Seligman where my family is all deer-hunting crazy. I figured me and my camera should be there just in case dad, Chuck or Uncle Garry brought in a dead deer. Sadly, none of them did. While they were all out in the woods, mom and I took a leisurely drive through Roaring River just to see all the hunting camps and enjoy the pretty day. We stopped at a scenic overlook and I snapped this pic of the fall trees. Then we stopped down at the Munsey bridge and picked up a few rocks (we're both rock nerds)and I walked through the old Munsey cemetery. From there, we circled the park at Roaring River and then headed home where we spent the rest of the afternoon being lazy.

In other news, my 14 year old niece Jessica now has her first "real" boyfriend (as opposed to calling someone your boyfriend in 4th grade and not knowing what that even means). His name is John and tonight they went out to the movies and to dinner (with Jess' mom and one of Jess' friends). After they got back, they stopped by to introduce him to me and mom. When mom suggested they let me take a picture, John jumped right up and said "okay, cool". Jessica, however, had no desire. She blushed and stuttered and didn't want to. We finally got her to stand by him and the picture is quite cute. John had a great personality and I totally approve of her first official boyfriend.

1 comment:

  1. wowwy!! gorgeous shot!! John and Jessica are quite the cute pair! :)

    ReplyDelete