Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving Day iceIt's turkey day... and I didn't get any. Lol. I started the day off at mom and dads house and because mom didn't want to do all the cooking (she always goes overboard and burns herself out and this year Thanksgiving was on her birthday), she had ordered a fully cooked turkey and dressing from the local grocery store and arranged to pick it up at 11:00 so we could eat by noon. You can imagine how shocked we all were when dad got home with it and we discovered it was frozen. Yep, fully cooked but frozen. You would think they would have made that clear. Especially since she was picking it up on Thanksgiving day. Whoever took the order should have thought to make sure she knew. Luckily, I had been in the Thanksgiving mood for several days and I had felt like cooking so I had brought down a ham, some pasta salad, broccoli and rice casserole, pecan pie, and corn. All of that in addition to mom's sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie and rolls, means we all had plenty to eat and it worked out.

I was upset we didn't have turkey because I love the stuff, but I wasn't too worried because I knew in a few hours I would be going to visit the other side of the family and would get turkey there. So about 2:00 I headed up to Cassville to spend time with the Beesons. I was disappointed to find out a lot of my cousins had already left before I got there. And I was disappointed to find out there was no turkey and dressing left. I mean, the carcass was still in the kitchen, so I technically I did pull off a tiny bit of meat there, but it's not the same.

But regardless of me missing out on turkey it was a great holiday. I got to spend time with the families I love and the surprising little ice storm we had made everything so pretty. I have a lot to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment