Monday, November 22, 2010

Bad Day For My Car

When I got off work this morning and got in my car, I spotted a note under my windshield wiper. It seems the lady who had parked on my passenger side had her door ripped out of her hand by the wind when she parked this morning. It slammed into my car and left a door ding and a whole hell of a lot of orange paint. On her note she apologized, gave me her full name and phone number and offered to pay for all damages. Because of her honesty (seriously, most people don't leave notes) and the fact that I scraped quite a bit of it off with my fingernail right there in the parking lot, I left a note on her car thanking her for telling me and letting her know accidents happen and I won't be making her pay for anything.

I went home, went to bed and woke up to the sound of hail hitting my window. Crap! Now my car is getting hailed on. Amazingly, it's never gotten hailed on before. I usually put it in the garage if I know the weather's gonna be bad and there was a parking garage at my old job I could use. But now the garage at the house is overflowing with junk and I had no idea it was supposed to hail anyway. I have not been able to see any hail damage, so considering everything it's been through today I'd say my car came out of it all pretty lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment