Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It Really Sucked

Today, there is no picture. I came home from work, went to bed and then woke up at 6:00pm with the worst headache I've had in years. It hurt at the base of my skull like someone had clubbed me. I also had pain at the temples. I made it to the recliner and stared miserably at the TV for about 2 hours (I also took 2 Alleve). After that 2 hours, there was no change in my headache. I hadn't eaten since about 3:00am the previous night at work and I was aware that I was starving by 8:00pm but I had no desire to get out of the chair or move my head at all. Next thing I know, it's 12:15am and I heard my phone beep with a message. I was supposed to be at work at midnight and my buddy Charlie was checking on me. I texted him back to ask him to please notify work that I was calling in dead and then I went back to sleep and slept through the night. Yep, I slept 22 hours in a 24 period. But, I woke up Wednesday morning without a headache and life resumed as normal.

2 comments:

  1. aww! any idea what brought on the headache? are you normally a headache sufferer? i get migraines often so i can empathize with the lasting-hours headaches! glad it's over now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not normally a headache sufferer. I rarely get them unless I have sinus issues and then it's just a dull, annoying pain I can work around. But, my biological father and all my siblings from him are migraine sufferers. My sister Wendy seems to get them weekly. So I got off pretty lucky missing out on those. I guess I can thank Mom that her genes won out on the headache front.

    I know that with Wendy, changes with the barometric pressure will cause hers. And the day I got mine a cold front came through and dropped our temp about 20 degrees in a matter of hours. So I'm going to assume that's what caused it.

    ReplyDelete