Friday, August 20, 2010

My Car Made Me Sad

Because of the whole "bunch of new people added to tiny office building" I mentioned a few days ago, all of us who were hired in recently have to park a couple of streets away from our building and ride a shuttle (crappy van) over to work and back. Which means if we want to go somewhere other than Subway or McDonald's for lunch, we gotta ride the shuttle (crappy van) over to our cars. Which is what Jamie, Charlie, Natalie and I did this afternoon. I drove us to Riad and we went in and had an excellent Mediterranean meal. Unfortunately when we decided to head back to the shuttle (crappy van), my car was dead. Natalie thought she may have jumper cables in her car, all the way back at the shuttle (did I mention it's a crappy van?)area, so she took off walking to her car to check. It took her a while to walk there so in the mean time the boys gave my car a good looking over. As you can see, they weren't much help. But I love the photo so it's okay. Meanwhile, Natalie should have had plenty of time to reach her car and drive down to us. But we were still waiting. And waiting. And waiting. Finally, off in the distance, I see a figure who resembles Natalie walking towards us. It seems Natalie is so blonde that once she got to her car and verified that she did not have jumper cables, she WALKED back to tell us... INSTEAD OF DRIVING HER CAR! It was so hot that day, I have no idea why she did that. By the time she got back we were already like 15 minutes late getting back to work after lunch so we decided to give it up for now and walk back to work. I didn't cool down the whole rest of the day. It sucked.

We got back to the office, explained what happened, and Chip and Angie went over in Angie's car to see if they could jump it. No luck. After work, Charlie tried to jump it with Allen's cables. No luck. Luckily Charlie and his wife, Rachael, and I already had plans together that night so I left my car at Riad's and just let Charlie drive me around all night. We went and picked up Rachael, ran a few errands and then drove downtown to meet up with Tim and his fiance for a Switchfoot concert at the Gillioz. It was amazing.

[sidenote]: while we were at Riad's working on the car, a crazy man pulled up and tried to help us. But once he realized it was a Pontiac he spent the next 20 minutes trying to convince us the battery was under the back seat. Quite entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment