Sunday, August 15, 2010

I Got Halestorm's Autographs

Halestorm is a sister/brother band out of Pennsylvania and they are VERY up-and-coming in popularity. Already extremely popular in the alternative music scene, they are breaking into the mainstream quickly. They were also at Pointfest this weekend and although I didn't get to see them on stage (they performed before we arrived), I was in the right place at the right time when they were interviewed by the radio station that sponsored the festival. Lzzy (yes, that's spelled right) had recently gotten her hair cut and some color splashed into it and she looked so adorable.

After the interview they stood at the edge of the platform to sign autographs. Lzzy's little brother Arejay (yes, that's spelled right) grabbed my ticket right away and signed it and handed it back. So I shoved my way through the crowd an extra inch or two so I could get it handed to Lzzy. But there were a lot of people there and Lzzy kept passing my ticket over. Arejay, however, reached for it about 4 times and then he'd spot his signature and say "oh, I already got that one". After the 4th time, he paused and said "Sweetie, has anyone else gotten that yet?" To which I sheepishly replied, "no." So he grabbed it from my hand and said "I will get you everyone's autograph right now. What's your name and how do you spell it?" So I gave him my name and squealed with delight as I watched him shoulder bump Lzzy and say "Sign this for Kristy, right now. And then pass it off." The whole band ended up signing it and Arejay handed it back to me. It was so awesome. Thanks Arejay, so very much. Anyone who knows me really well, knows that I love drums and drummers. So seeing such a cute drummer for such a great band and having him go out of his way to be extra nice to me... well, that just scored Arejay some major points. I might have to move my Michael Jackson poster a little closer to the World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King poster so that I can squeeze in a poster of Arejay rocking the drums.


Halestorm photos from my autograph session are after the jump. And a video bonus.



Here's me trying to get Lzzy's attention


Here's Arejay taking the ticket back from me


And thanks to Arejay, here's Lzzy signing my ticket. Woot!



If you don't know who Halestorm is, here's one of their most popular songs:

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THEM! that song is actually on my ipod. :) too cool!

    ReplyDelete