Monday, August 23, 2010

Lisa's Birthday

On this date, 22 years ago exactly, I first met Lisa at Crowder College. We were both incoming freshman that year. I had moved into the dorms as early as possible and was sitting in my room reading a book when chaos broke loose. Lisa's family had arrived to drop her off. They are a loud (in a good way), talkative bunch and after they helped her carry everything to her room, they turned tail and headed home. So Lisa decided to talk to me. And so it began. I will always remember the date because it is Lisa's birthday. Actually it's her twin sister Shelley's birthday too, but Shelley didn't go to college at Crowder so I didn't meet her that day. I met Lisa on her birthday, Aug. 23, when she turned 23 years old. I was 17. Trust me, I thought she was very worldly. And she was. She had been married & divorced, had already been to a good sized university, and she was of legal age to buy alcohol. There are a lot of stories that we could tell, but that's neither here nor there.

Point is, today is her birthday and since I know she loves to drink martini's made with Skyy Vodka, I bought her a bottle and took it to her tonight. She was thrilled. Also, let me just state for the record she is NOT a lush. I may be making her out to sound like one but it is unintentional. Now she doesn't care to have her picture taken and she doesn't understand why I like to photograph everything either. So there are no pics of her or anyone or anything at her house. If I even carry a camera in she starts mouthing. But while I was there I picked up the candles I had bought from her daughter Jessie's fundraiser and took a pic of them when I got home.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!

No comments:

Post a Comment