Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hooray, Car Is Revived

Last night, right before the amazing Switchfoot concert (pics are HERE), I called mom & dad to tell them about my broken car and beg them to come up in the morning and help me fix it. Which didn't really take any begging cause they're cool like that. So this morning they drove up and we went over to check it out. Dad was able to jump start it by taking off the plastic case around the battery and hooking the cables up directly. I sat in it and revved it up for a good 10 minutes, then I took off towards WalMart and they followed. I had no problems getting to WalMart so obviously my only issue was a dead battery. It's a 2006 model and I bought it in 2006 and had never replaced the battery, so I guess it was due. We bought a new battery but because they were short-handed, WalMart wasn't able to install it for me. So poor Dad had to do it in the parking lot with my set of my girlie tools and a few tools he had to go into WalMart and buy. It took quite a while to break the terminals loose off the old battery. And it was soooo hot outside. Mom sat in the store where it was cool, but I felt bad that Dad had to do all the work so I stayed outside and suffered in the sun alongside him. After we got the new battery in I threw my parents in my car and treated them to Golden Corral for their trouble. Old people sure do love that place. I am so lucky I have parents that will do these kinds of things for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment