Friday, June 25, 2010

This Picture Has Been A Test

Most of my pics are taken with my spiffy Nikon d40, which I love more than almost any other thing I own. But sometimes, in some situations, the d40 is not always the best choice. It's not allowed into concerts for one thing. Also, I've taken it to Silver Dollar City 5 times this year and you have to be very careful not to get it wet. Plus, even though it's not very heavy, it becomes a burden to wear the thing around your neck and the neck strap always causes the back of my neck to get so sweaty. Point is, sometimes you just need to carry a little, tiny, point & shoot camera that you can toss in your pocket or purse and forget about. Unfortunately the last point & shoot camera I bought ended up being a lemon. It bleached out everything with a flash and without a flash everything looked like you were in a dust filled cave. I've been looking to replace it for a while now. Last week I found a good deal on a new little Panasonic Lumix and it came in the mail yesterday, so today I decided to check it out. I just took a drive around and snapped a few random pics. I took this pic because I wanted to see how it would handle the vibrant colors and the distances. It's no d40, but I'm very happy with it. It's gonna be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment