Saturday, March 13, 2010

Roadtrip


Saturday morning I hopped in the truck with mom and dad and we took off down to the Boston mountains in Arkansas. Partly because we wanted to go to the A-Z Gift Store in Alma, Arkansas and partly because they are the people who taught me to love roadtrips. We opted to drive old Hwy 71 through the mountains instead of the new I-540. It was great getting to enjoy the drive at a slower pace and seeing all the old towns located along 71. But at the same time it was really sad to see how most of them are just trashy, junky, almost ghost towns because the interstate took away all their traffic. You could tell Hwy 71 had been really bustling in the old days because the whole road was littered with all sorts of little tourist traps and specialty shops. All of which are now abandoned and decaying.

Anyway, this picture was taken at the Mountainburg City Park. Whenever I find dinosaurs I just have to take a picture.

1 comment:

  1. That's sad. I think the dino's are cute!

    ReplyDelete