Friday, March 19, 2010

Boba Tea



Tonight I went to a local Vietnamese restaurant and had my first ever Boba Tea. I had seen Anthony Bourdain drink one on an episode of No Reservations, so when I discovered them in my town I knew I wanted to try one. I ordered the strawberry smoothie and Scott got the coffee flavor. It was really delicious and a very interesting experience. I will say that by the end of the drink I got a little tired of having to chew a mouthful of tapioca pearls before I could take another sip, so I wish there were a few less of those in the bottom of the cup. But now that I'm home and thinking back on it, I kinda want another one. To learn more about Boba tea (aka Bubble tea) check out The History of Bubble Tea. And then go try one. You can find them in Springfield at Bambu in the Fremont Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment