Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Not-Surprise Surprise Birthday Party

Today was the day of my party and a good time was had by all. Mom did an excellent job of coordinating everything and throwing a good party. She had decorations set up and all sorts of pictures of me through the years. She had even gotten all 6 of my nieces and nephews together for pictures weeks ago and printed them out and framed them for me. That doesn't sound like a big deal until you realize not all of my nieces and nephews are related to each other. Not that long of a story really, but I'm not gonna take the time to tell it. I have half-brothers and half-sisters (I HATE calling them that, but it is a fact) so therefore not everyone in my immediate family is related to each other. Only once or twice have I ever had all of my siblings or their children in the same location. It was really cool that mom arranged to get them together for pictures. And while we were all at the party I actually got a picture of me with all my siblings. That has never happened before.

1 comment: