Saturday, May 22, 2010

Renaissance Fair

Last year I took Marshall & Dillon to the St. Louis Ren Fair and they loved it so much I promised them we could do it again this year. But I didn't want to leave Charlie out so we brought him along too. The trip is my treat. Just something I do to make sure I spend enough quality time with the kids. Today was Charlie's first time at one of these and he really enjoyed it. I gave them each $20 for spending money, but they were all bummed to learn that they weren't allowed to purchase any type of weapon. Because of course that's the only thing they wanted. I felt bad they were so disappointed but we had a great day regardless and I really enjoyed my "boys day".

Side note: Charlie spent Friday night, all day Saturday and Sunday morning with me and I didn't find out until the next Tuesday that he had shaved off his eyebrows completely before he got to my house and no one knew he had done it. I can't believe I never noticed. I kept looking at him because something did look different... but he's also lost 30 pounds in the past 2 months and his face is changing as he's getting thinner. So I just kept thinking that's what looked different. But now as I look back through the pics I took, it's pretty obvious that he's missing his eyebrows. His parents, his sister and my mom never noticed either once I took him back home. Once it was discovered they were not amused.



No comments:

Post a Comment