Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Love Nature

Today was a really cool day to be outside paying attention to nature. The weather is starting to be really warm consistently and the animals are stirring. I spotted this lizard in the rock garden while he was drinking from a puddle of water on a rock. I wish I had a picture of that, but my camera was in the house at the time. After staring at him for several minutes I decided to go grab my camera. When I came back out, he was no longer drinking, but I did spot him trying to climb the deck. Hoping I was guessing his path correctly, I positioned myself where I thought he might pass and managed to get a really good pic of the little guy. I love lizards. They are really quite pretty.

After I bragged about my photo skills and showed everyone my pics, my nephews came running in the house all excited because they found a baby snapping turtle. This thing is seriously so tiny I can't believe they spotted it in the first place. The first picture is of Dillon holding it... keep in mind he's only 13 so he does not have huge hands. The turtle is tiny. In the second pic, the turtle is in the bottom of a 16 oz Styrofoam cup. Can you wrap your head around that? I want you to understand how little this thing really is. It was so cute. It is a snapping turtle though, so it won't remain cute much longer. They took it down to the creek and released it at the water's edge.


1 comment:

  1. Awww! He's so little and adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete