Saturday, April 10, 2010

Betting On Horses Is Addictive



Today I made my first ever trip to a horse racing track. Mom and dad took me down to Hot Springs and introduced me to Oaklawn. And I loved it. We stayed for 10 races and I won on 9 of them. It was so much fun. Of course, I was only placing $2 bets and only winning back what I bet, so it's not like I came home with tons of money. But I did get to spend all day there screaming at my horses and rubbing it into mom's face that I was a natural and she was a loser. And after spending money on food, soda, etc. I left with only $5 less than I went in with. So it was a successful day at the track. The only issue we had was that it was the last race day of Oaklawn's season and we didn't realize it. That meant it was Derby Day and the place was filled to capacity. There were so many people there, we actually ended up sitting inside and watching the races on tv instead of live from the bleachers. But honestly, I think I preferred it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment