Sunday, December 19, 2010

My Favorite

I hadn't been down to Sunday dinner at Grandma's in a few weeks because I'm a slacker and because my schedule is just really screwed up right now. It's hard to make myself get up early and be there around noon when I know I've got to be at work at midnight that night and stay awake and functional until 8:00am on Monday morning. But every time I'm not there I get several calls and messages about how much they missed me and will I be there next week. How can you ignore that? I had to go see everyone. So I made it there just a few minutes before lunch was served and then hung out afterwards to play Boggle and watch football. Suddenly, several hours after lunch was over with, I got a craving for chocolate chip cookies. They are my favorite cookie in the world and for some reason, the people I hang out with never make them. No bakes are being made constantly and peanut butter cookies show up now and again. But never chocolate chip. When I mentioned they sounded good, Grandma said she had a bag of chocolate chips I could use to make some if I wanted. So I whipped up a batch real quick. They were good and they hit the spot... although my cousins have about a bazillion children between them so I only got 2 cookies. But it was fun making them and it did help with my craving. And I have to give a big shout-out to Kyle and Emma who did most of the work mixing them up.

1 comment: