Friday, December 3, 2010

First Friday Art Walk - Winter Edition

On the first Friday of every month, all year long, downtown Springfield holds First Friday Art Walk where the downtown shops, restaurants, galleries and bars all showcase local talent. There are street performers out, live music in many places, paintings and photography exhibits, all sorts of cool stuff going on. I guess it's kind of hard to explain. But it's cool. It's hip. It's trendy. And sadly, even though I live here, I've now officially been to 3 of them. I need to fix that and start going to way more.

Anywho, tonight I got to hang out with DJ & Jordi (yay!) and we went downtown and watched the movie Due Date (hilarious)and then walked over to the Mudhouse and grabbed some hot chocolate before walking around and seeing what there was to see. I brought along my camera because since it's December, there was a contest going on for the best window display so I figured there'd be some really pretty stuff to see. And there was. Unfortunately I took about 2 pictures and then my battery died. Fail. I did get this pic while DJ & Jordi were inside ordering my hot chocolate and I was outside smoking. Why do they put up with me?

I seriously love being downtown. I guess I'm going to have to learn to go do things by myself more often because I rarely find someone to go with me and I that means I just don't go. Maybe with my camera in hand I can get away with walking around by myself. Maybe people will think I'm a photographer and not a loser. Lol.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been on here in so long! We love you Kristy so we aren't putting up with you - just enjoying time together :-)

    So now that it's a new year, are you super happy to be done with this damn project or what?

    ReplyDelete